Rigby Police Employment Opportunities
Hiring Full Time Officer -- Applications Due March 17th by 4:00 p.m.
We are looking for a responsible person to fill the position of Police Officer to maintain law and order, protect members of the public and their properties, prevent crime and improve citizens’ quality of life. The goal is to achieve community safety and crime reduction.
- Deter crimes and assure community through high-visibility policing
- Enforces city ordinances, state laws.
- Patrol assigned areas and monitor activities to protect people/property
- Investigate crimes and apprehend suspected law violators
- Observe and respond to various situations or emergencies
- Follow policy and procedures, guidelines and protocols
- Conduct criminal investigations, accident investigations
- Gather evidence and ensure successful prosecutions
- Produce reports and provide feedback on case status
- Deal with case paperwork and administrative procedures
- Foster good public relationships and liaise with community groups or individuals
- Coordinate operations with other emergency services
- Attend and provide evidence in court
- Adequate interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Sound judgement along with effective decision making skills
- Conflict resolutions and problem solving skills
- Responsibility, dependability, honesty and integrity
- Valid Idaho drivers license
- High school degree; or equivalent
- Willing to work both day and night shifts; working a four on, four off shift.
- Pass written, physical testing, oral board, polygraph and psychological test.
- Background check.
- City pays medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employee
- Sick Leave - Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- PERSI retirement
- For more information contact Chief Fullmer or Sgt Scott @ 208-745-1951
- Applications available online or can pick on up at the Police Department 173 E Main Suite 1 Rigby, Idaho
- Applications due March 17th before 4 pm